Tuesday, February 26, 2008

Mommy we played at school today.Yes.......

I picked my daughter up from school last weak and was on our way home when I asked her what she did today.She replied politely that they played and oh, 2 of her friends made out.In Afrikaans it went like this(I am not going to mention the said individuals names) $$$$$ and $$$$ het gevry.

I nearly went of the road and new that she did not know the word so maybe she did not understand it.I started asking questions like:

Where did this happen? On one of the play gyms that has a place for them to crawl in.
Where were you? In there with them sitting at their heads. HUH?
So where were they sitting? They were lying on top of each other and kissing.
How did they kiss?Was it like mommy kisses you? No and she showed me using her hand.

By this time I nearly went into a tree.I don't bring up my kids as conservative as my parents did with me but this was way too much for a 4 year old to comprehend.

This only indicated to me that there is not proper supervision at her school.I went the next morning and had a discussion with the teacher.I explained that I was not happy with this and that I hope it was taken up with their parents as well.

Boy oh boy, now I can understand why certain kids are sexually active at 10 years of age.Where were the days that you were still a kid playing not making out.

1 comment:

AngelConradie said...

good grief... 4 year olds... obviously their parents are not keeping an eye on age-restrictions! good on you for talking to the school.