Saturday, August 14, 2010

A calf his brother and a bookcase

Tuesday afternoon I got a phone call from the school that a bookcase fell on Johan's leg.There is some swelling but he seems fine.So I rush to the school as soon as I can.His ankle was blue and badly swollen.

After phoning the doctors office and being told there is no appointments available but I can come in and wait I go there.Waiting an hour the Bull arrived and we decided to rush to casualties.Good thing we did.
An x-ray revealed that Johan had broken his -tibula and fibula just above the ankle as well as his fibula just below the knee.Course of action: He will be admitted and they have to wait for the swelling before taking him to theater to manipulate the leg and fit a cast.

We slept in hospital and the doctor send us home Wednesday morning.We had to be back on Friday to go to theater.I laughed so much at Johan.The premeds they gave him before going to theater worked really well.As the nurse wheeled him out to go to theater he let out a big Yea ha...

At least all went well.He has a blue cast on his leg and at home.There is a little bit of pain but he loves all the attention.

How this happened is another story.His brother and a friend was arguing over a toy that was on the bookcase.This caused some pulling and shoving causing the bookcase to topple and fall on the innocent party.His brothers reply: I screamed at him watch out but he did not hear me.

The joy of being a cow with calves.....

1 comment:

Angel said...

I am so glad that he's okay!