Tuesday, December 14, 2010

Johan got encaphilites my thought was mad calf desease

I can not even pronounce the word correctly but we ended up in hospital with him.He started out with a major headache and some vomiting and the next thing we were in isolation in the kids ward.It turned out he had the viral kind and they could only treat the symptoms.

We spend two night in hospital and went home after that.It is different from meningitis as ecaphilitis affects the brain and meningitis the brain membrane.Never knew it excised but it was scary.The funny part was getting to the doctors rooms and having him throw up on me,himself and the wooden reception floor at the practice.Needless to say the doctor saw me immediately.Hehe

1 comment:

AngelConradie said...

Ag the poor kid! I am glad you caught it quickly and he's okay now!