Sunday, November 18, 2007

The Cow does Hogsback



I promises a report on our Easter Cape trip so here goes.As I said before I ride a bike and so does my hubbie.But we do it the dirt way.We both have dual sport bikes made for road and off road.
I also belong to an internet forum where we discuss the bikes, trips and general stuff.So once a year all the guys and gals from the forum get together for our annual BASH.

This year the spot was Hogsback in the Eastern Cape.Beautiful area and riding.
We decided to trailer the bikes to Port Elizabeth as my folks stay there and then meet up with th PE guys and join them on their trip to Hogsback.

We left on the Wednesday.The twins was to stay at home with my sister and we took my daughter with to go visit her grandparents. (She drove us nuts all the way to PE and we discovered that her beloved Teddy was not in the car.We had to put up with thirty minutes of crying until she fell asleep.)

The Thursday we spend scooting around PE and packing the bikes.That evening we drove out and met some of the guys for a drink.Some off the people I only knew from the forum and it was nice putting names to faces.We left on the Friday morning.Here is the group.

We took some awesome mountain passes and dirt roads during the day.Ended in Hogsback and partied all weekend.My bike is called the Stofkoei.(Translated dirictly from Afrikaans to English that means Dirt Cow.Ha ha)
Well the Stofkoei got branded as well.

We said our goodbyes and decided to head down the coast back to PE and spent the night somewhere in the middle.Here is some of the pics we took along the route.



We spend the night in Port Alfred and the next morning did some riding along the coast.We discovered a place called Cannon Rocks.That is where the beach photos was taken.All in all we had a great time but was glad to see the twins again and sleep in our own bed.

PS: Teddy was mutilated by my one year old Doberman.We had to explain to my daughter and after more tears we replaced Teddy with one of her choice.

1 comment:

AngelConradie said...

awesome! spectacular pictures!
ek is so vlokkin jaloers tjomma...